Tuesday 4 February 2014

52 Lists: List the things that make you happy you're alive

Being consciously grateful for the things you have is something that easily missed. Often time runs away with us, life gets in the way and the things that bring a smile to our lips are often the least prominent in our memory when the day is done. This week's list is one to remind us what we're here for and when all is said and done what makes this crazy roller-coaster we call life worth the ride. 


  • After a hearty dinner, sitting in the living room surrounded by family for collective wine and tele time.
  • Craziness with my sister - be it animal attacks via what's app, blanket sofa snuggles or random ramblings and sing-alongs. 
  • Being able to pick up the phone any time of day or night, from anywhere in the world and knowing there will always be a friend ready to celebrate or commiserate at the other end of the line.
  • Catching myself smiling when I think about Rich, how I love that boy...
  • When little puppy Max is in a cuddly mood rather than zipping about like a mad thing making a mess!
  • When they both decide that life is a bit too much and collectively nap on top of me.
  • Knowing that whatever crazy things I decide to do with my life, I have the best people in the world to support me on my way. 
  • The wonderful experiences I have whilst living abroad - the people I meet, the cultures I am welcomed in to, the sights I am lucky enough to visit.
  • The opportunity to learn everyday - skills through university and things about yourself through the university of life!
  • Writing almost every day.
  • Tea time (preferably in Lady Grey in vintage china, with or without a tea-for-one sized teapot!)
  • Always planning the next adventure...

The 52 lists project is organised by Ema over at Made in Hunters. See her list here

No comments:

Post a Comment